30 Mar 2014

Chanel Haute Couture




I've always been a little crazy for the detailing in Haute Couture. Especially Chanel. The dreamy embroidery is the most beautiful work I've ever seen. I was eager to find out how the embroidery was done and found a few videos on YouTube for a technique called tambour. It's basically a form of crochet with a tiny tiny crochet hook. I'm so thankful I learned to crochet, it seems to rule the world! I've always been quite inspired by the clothing when I dress my dolls and would love to take it the step further. I'd like to embroider full dresses with beads and sequins. Because who doesn't like sequins? 

I'm going to need to write myself a weekly to-do list of all the creative things I want to do. Or I'll never finish anything! Never mind the space. Sadly our new possible house to be didn't work out, which had a brick shed with electric. It would of been the perfect little craft room. Off to search for a new home...again. Must be third time lucky!




I couldn't find any of the original links but all images were found via Pinterest.
Chanel Haute Couture site here

No comments:

Inspiration Monday.

I've always been crazy for Chanel haute couture, but when browsing for crochet flower ideas I stumbled across these glor...